Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mothers Day Jess

When we brought Nathan to Minnesota together on February 12th, the last thing I expected was for Jessica and Nathan to still be there on Mothers day 3 months later. I'm at a loss for words when I try to think about how grateful I am for Jessica. She's an amazing person, and I wouldn't have anyone else by my side helping me raise my kids. She has sat by Nathans side, mostly alone, 12 hours a day, for 3 months straight in a hospital room. That's love. Both of my kids light up when she walks in the room. Nathan will be having a terrible grumpy day for the nurses but when she walks in he's got an ear to ear smile every time. I don't know how she's done it but she's managed to stay strong for that boy and because of her, he's remained happy through this entire journey. Despite the pain and fear he must feel, if his mom's there he smiles and knows everything is going to be OK. How did I get so blessed to find this woman? She was literally made to take care of these children. I had hoped that at least one of my kids would be a daddy's boy but they aren't and they'll never be. Sure I get smiles and laughs and we play together, but when they get sick, or scared, it momma they want to hold them.

On May 20th it'll be 10 years since the day we met. I hope she's home by then. Life apart has been so difficult. In my mind I knew how much she did during the day but now that she's not here and I've had to be a single father for the past 2 months I have really come to appreciate everything she does. Cleaning, shopping, cooking, laundry, taking care of the kids (especially Nathan), etc, etc, etc... What do you get someone like that for Mothers day? If asked her she'd tell me not to get her anything. She'd say "I don't matter", get your Mom something, she's done so much for us. That's my wife, she never asks for anything. Well honey I love you so much. I have this note, some flowers, and a promise for getting your hair done and some massages when you get back into town. If you don't make it back in the next week or so I promise to come back to Minnesota with Landon to visit. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and you guys will be back next week. Fingers crossed, prayers said, no more setbacks, no more delays, I want you guys home now, it's time.

Happy Mothers Day,

Aaron

1 comment: