Friday, March 7, 2014

Big day today! (Aren't they all?)


We have a big day planned for Nathan. Extubation attempt number 3! I'm not sure why I typed the word "attempt". What I meant to say is "Nathan is going to be extubated today!". I want him so badly to succeed I had trouble sleeping. The nurse from the first attempt is on this morning so at least we have someone familiar in the room that knows what to expect. My one request was that there would be no students training in the room today. I hate to be that guy that doesn't want students learning in his room but we had such a bad experience with a student during his first extubation attempt that I just can't take the chance. They paid more attention to the student then to Nathan last time so I think it's just best to be the jerk that kicks the students out of the room :)

Nathan has his days and nights completely mixed up. He slept all day yesterday and terrorized the nurses from midnight until now. One of our favorite nurses (Mike), who has taken care of him 6 or 7 times now said that Nathan was so demanding at night that he was almost in tears by the time his shift was over. That's what I like to see! Fight Nathan Fight! Except when we extubate you, then just take a nap or something and try not to freak out. That's it for now. We'll write another update later today.

Aaron

3 comments:

  1. I just found this blog on Tori Armstrong's Facebook. I'm a friend of your mom's, Aaron. Please know we have been praying and will continue until you're little guy is back home safe and sound. May our God give you strength and courage and peace as you go through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and prayers Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aaron. I'm a friend of your mom's from church. I'm praying for Nathan and for you and Jessica. My mom's church and my aunt's church are praying too.

    ReplyDelete