Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Heading back home

We've officially been in Minnesota for a month. February 12-March 12. Thankfully my manager at Amazon has been amazingly understanding with our situation. I've been able to work from the hospital on the days when things are calm and it's actually worked out pretty well. In the end though I need to head back to Phoenix and I finally feel comfortable enough to do so. I haven't seen my other son Landon for a month, I haven't seen my dogs, I haven't driven a car (will I remember how?). On the plus side I've had nearly 60 dates with Jessica, even if most of our conversions have been about how Nathan is doing.

I told Jessica I wouldn't leave until I felt Nathan was going to make it. I'm 100% confident he's several weeks out from being a normal baby. What a journey we've had! I'm sad that I'm going to miss his first smiles in a month, eating his first bottle, all those "firsts" that tell me he's back to normal Nathan. I can't wait to see them when they get back to Phoenix. You guys don't know how good that first night back at home with our whole family is going to feel. So for now it's goodbye my Nathan and Jessica. I love you both more than I can tell you. I couldn't be leaving my son in better hands.

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment